Sunday, December 18, 2011

Training and Cinephiling

Yup, believe it or not, I ran again. Still fairly pathetic, but better than my last run. I'm running in the Lincoln Half-Marathon this next May, and I have this notion in my head that I'm going to actually train for it and be in decent shape by then. Not an unreachable goal, but one that will take a lot of work and a different mindset than what I currently have. I need to break my junk food diet and actually go running regularly if I want to lose the rubber padding that I've got all around my body. I've lost weight before; then I gain it all back. A vicious cycle. Yes, I've written all of this before so I don't think I need to say anymore about it.



I watched an interesting movie this weekend: Downfall. It's a German film about the last days of Hitler as the Russians close in on Berlin. I'm on a foreign film roll lately, watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last weekend and then Downfall this weekend. It takes a while for me to get used to the subtitles. I always feel like I'm missing everything while I'm busy reading the dialog. I recommend them both. It was hard to watch Dragon Tattoo because I had just finished the book. So I spent the entire time thinking, 'this wasn't in the book,' or 'they left out that whole section!' I'll have to watch it again after I've been removed from the book for a while longer. I'm looking forward to seeing the English version that's coming out soon. Another one that's on the schedule is the latest Sherlock Holmes flick. With a slight bit of Kevin Baconing without any actual Kevin Bacon: Noomi Rapace, who plays Lisbeth Salander in the Dragon movies is in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Should be fun.

All right, enough of this, I'm off to watch the football game.

No comments: