Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fickle

Fickle:
 /ˈfɪkəl/ [fik-uhl]
–adjective
1.
likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.
2.
not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.

(P.S. That was from Dictionary.com)

A word (or two) about me being fickle. Yes, I am a fickle person in many regards, I always have been. It's one item on my laundry list of character flaws. In this post, I'd like to address my fickle nature in regard to cars. In one of my previous posts I blogged about how I was going to lose a bunch of weight and then buy my dream car, a Mustang. Well, as I've always known (but never cared much to change) and Wanda has become painfully aware, I'm always changing what my dream car is. Really, it's a car, and it's kind of dumb to dream and lust about them, anyway, but I do. When I was searching for a new car a few years ago, I decided that a Pontiac Grand Prix GT was the car for me and it was so wonderful so I was going to stop at nothing to make that my next car. And so I bought one. And it's been a very nice car for me, very reliable, comfortable, and attractive transportation. Don't get me wrong, it has it's flaws, but overall it has been a very fine car, solid transportation to get me from Point A to Point B. But, about a month after I bought it (and financed it), I decided I didn't like it anymore and was lamenting that to Wanda and saying that I should have bought something else. And on and on from one car to another while still being unhappily chained to my ol' Grand Prix. Wanda is such a good woman to put up with all of my bullshit (not just about cars, but everything).

Anyway, I eventually progressed down the line: Monte Carlo, Ford Mustang, Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser, Nissan 350Z, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Altima, and most recently, a Nissan Murano. Again, knowing that in the end a car is just transportation, I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with my car and I can be just fine and dandy with the one I have. Besides, Wanda has had her car for much longer than I've had mine and she's had her eye on a newer Nissan Altima for quite a while. It's her turn to get a car, and it's probably not healthy to be indulging in my flavor-of-the-month fancies for different cars and going to hell-in-a-hand-basket trying to sell my old car, finance new car, sell new car, finance newer car, etc. etc. It's an opportunity for me grow, to appreciate the things I have, and to learn some patience. So, Wanda, let's find a kick-ass Altima for you to drive and the ol' Grand Prix will be there to cheer it on!

No comments: